Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester school bus rear-ends car stopped at red light
MANCHESTER - A woman and her teenage daughter were transported to the hospital Monday morning after their car was rear-ended by a school bus at Cilley Road and Beech Street, police said.
The crash happened about 7:30 a.m. Christine Smith, 36, of 28 S. Beech St., was stopped for a red light when her 2012 Dodge Caliber was struck from behind by a school bus operated by Victor Melo, 24, of 212 Jewett St., according to police Lt. Maureen Tessier.
None of the 10 children on the bus was injured. The bus transports students to the city's Catholic schools, and those still on it were heading to St. Anthony of Padua School. Tessier said Smith complained of neck and back injuries and was taken to an area hospital. Her daughter, Erin Gillis, 14, did not complain of any injuries but was taken to the hospital as a precaution.
Police issued a summons to Joseph Buckler, 39, who lists his address as the same as Smith's - 28 S. Beech St. - for disorderly conduct.
Tessier said Buckler arrived at the crash scene and got into an argument with the school bus driver. He continued to argue with a police officer and subsequently was issued a summons on the disorderly conduct charge, she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fish and Game says Gilford bear shooting was proper - 2
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 7
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty