Keene State hoopsters win a close one
Senior Ryan Martin hit two free throws with nine seconds to play to ensure Keene State's 89-86 victory over the Mass. College of Liberal Arts on Sunday afternoon at the Spaulding Gym in Keene.
The Owls (5-3) led by 13 with five minutes to play but the Trailblazers (2-6) made things interesting down the stretch.
Martin finished with 16 points while Anthony Mariano and Dover's John Boyatsis finished with 15 and 12 points, respectively.
NHTI 96, Paul Smith's College 66: Londonderry's Zach Stevens had 15 points and Pembroke's Jackson Riel added 13 as the Lynx (13-1) ran away with one in Concord. Ahntwan Harris added 12 points to the NHTI attack.
Hartford 67, Dartmouth 52: Pembroke's Alex Hall scored 13 including five straight baskets in the first half to help Hartford to a road win in Hanover Sunday afternoon. Hartford is 7-2 whiel Dartmouth is 1-7.
The Hawks led by as many as 23 in the second half. Tia Dawson and Faziah Steen led Dartmouth with 14 points apiece.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Known or suspected' terrorists vanish - 0
- 'Honor' flag for veterans fuels debate - 7
- House panel hears account of Benghazi attack - 4
- N.H. journalist held in Syria believed to be in detention center - 2
- Obama says he does not foresee sending U.S. troops to Syria - 1
- CNN Report: U.S. believes Israel has conducted an airstrike into Syria - 0
- NH Medevac unit headed to Afghanistan hopes for repeat of no casualties - 2
- Canada thwarts 'al Qaeda-supported' passenger train plot - 3
- A simple flag is a cornerstone to memories of Marine's time in Iraq - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 1
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
- Manchester mayor to oversee economic development office - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 21 - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford rolls in NHIAA tennis tournament opener - 0
- Franklin Pierce to play Shippensburg in Div. II baseball World Series - 0
- Amendola getting up to speed with Patriots - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Londonderry’s double threat - 0
- No curbside collections in Manchester on Monday - 0
Manchester police seek Food Mart robber
Reviving the Piscataqua River Wherry
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840