Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Man arraigned in Saturday's shooting in Hudson
HUDSON - Police have arrested a 19-year-old Hudson man in connection with a shooting early Saturday morning in which a 20-year-old man was shot in the leg.
Shawn Melanson was arraigned in 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division, Tuesday morning. He faces a felony charge of reckless conduct as well as a charge of false report to law enforcement, according to police reports and court documents.
On Saturday, Hudson Police responded to reports of a shooting at Melanson’s address, 172 Robinson Road. During the incident, Melanson allegedly “reckless handled” a .45 caliber handgun inside the home and caused the gun to go off, shooting his friend, Andres Lopez, 20, in the left leg, police affidavits reported.
According to court documents, Melanson didn’t initially admit to shooting Lopez and instead told the responding officers that he didn’t know who had shot the firearm.
Lopez was taken to Massachusetts General Hospital where he was treated and later released. Hudson Police later recovered the firearm.
Hudson Police Captain William Avery said Melanson’s bail was set at $10,000 cash.
More arrests are expected, as police believe they’ve found at least one more suspect. Avery said investigations into the incident are ongoing, and he declined to comment further. Melanson will return to Nashua District Court for a probable cause hearing on Dec. 26.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: City man accused of menacing woman, assaulting teen - 0
- Dover man sought in Rochester shooting - 1
- Convicted sex offender faces porn charges - 1
- Lawyer takes stand in his own defense at sex assault trial - 0
- Supporters are now 'Abby Strong' - 2
- Judge orders Rolfe to spend 5 years in state hospital - 0
- Trial involving former Derry town administrator delayed - 0
- Months later, cause of Canterbury logger's death remains a mystery - 0
- Derry woman arrested after police pursuit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Patriots Notebook: Physical Browner brings it - 0
- Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse - 4
- City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us - 1
- Punch line: The NFL blows it - 1
- George Will: A conservative internationalism - 0
- Sox Beat: Red Sox haven't made a deal for Lester — yet - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: The Democrats' cynical impeachment play - 0
- Drew Cline: Home is where the really competent governing is done - 1
- Two GOP heavyweights try to get NH fired up about 2014 elections - 0
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us
Punch line: The NFL blows it
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917