Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Man arraigned in Saturday's shooting in Hudson
HUDSON - Police have arrested a 19-year-old Hudson man in connection with a shooting early Saturday morning in which a 20-year-old man was shot in the leg.
Shawn Melanson was arraigned in 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division, Tuesday morning. He faces a felony charge of reckless conduct as well as a charge of false report to law enforcement, according to police reports and court documents.
On Saturday, Hudson Police responded to reports of a shooting at Melanson’s address, 172 Robinson Road. During the incident, Melanson allegedly “reckless handled” a .45 caliber handgun inside the home and caused the gun to go off, shooting his friend, Andres Lopez, 20, in the left leg, police affidavits reported.
According to court documents, Melanson didn’t initially admit to shooting Lopez and instead told the responding officers that he didn’t know who had shot the firearm.
Lopez was taken to Massachusetts General Hospital where he was treated and later released. Hudson Police later recovered the firearm.
Hudson Police Captain William Avery said Melanson’s bail was set at $10,000 cash.
More arrests are expected, as police believe they’ve found at least one more suspect. Avery said investigations into the incident are ongoing, and he declined to comment further. Melanson will return to Nashua District Court for a probable cause hearing on Dec. 26.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings being evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal