Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Man arraigned in Saturday's shooting in Hudson
HUDSON - Police have arrested a 19-year-old Hudson man in connection with a shooting early Saturday morning in which a 20-year-old man was shot in the leg.
Shawn Melanson was arraigned in 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division, Tuesday morning. He faces a felony charge of reckless conduct as well as a charge of false report to law enforcement, according to police reports and court documents.
On Saturday, Hudson Police responded to reports of a shooting at Melanson’s address, 172 Robinson Road. During the incident, Melanson allegedly “reckless handled” a .45 caliber handgun inside the home and caused the gun to go off, shooting his friend, Andres Lopez, 20, in the left leg, police affidavits reported.
According to court documents, Melanson didn’t initially admit to shooting Lopez and instead told the responding officers that he didn’t know who had shot the firearm.
Lopez was taken to Massachusetts General Hospital where he was treated and later released. Hudson Police later recovered the firearm.
Hudson Police Captain William Avery said Melanson’s bail was set at $10,000 cash.
More arrests are expected, as police believe they’ve found at least one more suspect. Avery said investigations into the incident are ongoing, and he declined to comment further. Melanson will return to Nashua District Court for a probable cause hearing on Dec. 26.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus