Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Man arraigned in Saturday's shooting in Hudson
HUDSON - Police have arrested a 19-year-old Hudson man in connection with a shooting early Saturday morning in which a 20-year-old man was shot in the leg.
Shawn Melanson was arraigned in 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division, Tuesday morning. He faces a felony charge of reckless conduct as well as a charge of false report to law enforcement, according to police reports and court documents.
On Saturday, Hudson Police responded to reports of a shooting at Melanson’s address, 172 Robinson Road. During the incident, Melanson allegedly “reckless handled” a .45 caliber handgun inside the home and caused the gun to go off, shooting his friend, Andres Lopez, 20, in the left leg, police affidavits reported.
According to court documents, Melanson didn’t initially admit to shooting Lopez and instead told the responding officers that he didn’t know who had shot the firearm.
Lopez was taken to Massachusetts General Hospital where he was treated and later released. Hudson Police later recovered the firearm.
Hudson Police Captain William Avery said Melanson’s bail was set at $10,000 cash.
More arrests are expected, as police believe they’ve found at least one more suspect. Avery said investigations into the incident are ongoing, and he declined to comment further. Melanson will return to Nashua District Court for a probable cause hearing on Dec. 26.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 7
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 14
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 5
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
- Two in Keene robbed at home - 0
- Mass. man accused in sex assault of teen in Nashua - 0
- Police seek 4 teens for Manchester robbery - 1
- Manchester man charged in forklift theft - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH unveils new 'shield' logo - 0
- UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m. - 0
- Fugitive convicted of stabbing Manchester man in heart in ’96 - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 1
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 2
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 12
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Casino for NH wins critical endorsement
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424