Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Youkilis in Yankee pinstripes? Apparently, yes
The New York Yankees reportedly have signed free agent Kevin Youkilis to fill their void at third base.
Contract details have yet to be reported, but ESPN said the signing is pending a physical. Last week, MLB.com reported he was offered a one-year, $12-million deal.
Youkilis, 33, finished last season with the Chicago White Sox after spending his entire career with the Red Sox. He batted a combined .235 with 19 homers and 60 RBIs.
Youkilis would fill the void left by Alex Rodriguez, who is expected to miss most of the first half of 2013 after having a second hip surgery.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- $22.3m approved for MTBE assessment plan - 1
- 11th-hour deal in Seabrook Station labor battle - 1
- Seabrook Station labor lockout would draw NRC presence - 5
- No agreement reached in Seabrook Station labor talks - 0
- Seabrook plant close to lockout in union dispute - 53
- Wind-power foes object to forum sites - 10
- Decision on merits of PSNH scrubber goes back to PUC - 1
- Grafton residents glad to be dropped from wind project - 1
- Planned PSNH station closing has Hillsborough concerned - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
John DiStaso's Granite Status: National Democratic chair to speak at NHIOP in January; Cataldo backs Kenney for Executive Council