Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Youkilis in Yankee pinstripes? Apparently, yes
The New York Yankees reportedly have signed free agent Kevin Youkilis to fill their void at third base.
Contract details have yet to be reported, but ESPN said the signing is pending a physical. Last week, MLB.com reported he was offered a one-year, $12-million deal.
Youkilis, 33, finished last season with the Chicago White Sox after spending his entire career with the Red Sox. He batted a combined .235 with 19 homers and 60 RBIs.
Youkilis would fill the void left by Alex Rodriguez, who is expected to miss most of the first half of 2013 after having a second hip surgery.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- David Harsanyi : What the Pope gets wrong about capitalism - 5
- Bob Witkop: Obama is not the only one to blame for Obamacare - 27
- Jonah Goldberg: Coming to grips with the rise of the machines - 5
- George Will: The choices we have on Iran - 0
- Roger Simon: We should not be in Afghanistan next year - 3
- Charles Krauthammer: America in retreat, allies abandoned - 0
- Charles Lane: A Social Security fix that fixes nothing - 26
- Fergus Cullen: Baines and Bramante modernize education for the iTunes era - 2
- John Stossel: Want to give back? Start a business - 9
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 0
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 0
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 1
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
- PSNH on defense over scrubber cost 'escalation' - 0
- Feds and state probe suspended county attorney's handling of funds - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false