Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Youkilis in Yankee pinstripes? Apparently, yes
The New York Yankees reportedly have signed free agent Kevin Youkilis to fill their void at third base.
Contract details have yet to be reported, but ESPN said the signing is pending a physical. Last week, MLB.com reported he was offered a one-year, $12-million deal.
Youkilis, 33, finished last season with the Chicago White Sox after spending his entire career with the Red Sox. He batted a combined .235 with 19 homers and 60 RBIs.
Youkilis would fill the void left by Alex Rodriguez, who is expected to miss most of the first half of 2013 after having a second hip surgery.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fisher Cats score in 9th to win - 0
- Former NASCAR driver Trickle dead in apparent suicide - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 14, 2013 - 0
- Manchester's Gill Stadium nearing centenial rededication, still going strong - 0
- Red Sox lose to Rangers - 0
- Glenn, Nolan power Fisher Cats to win - 0
- All done: Monarchs elminated from AHL playoffs three games to one - 0
- NH College Roundup: Evans in Pats' rookie camp - 0
- Derryfield defeats Central girls in lacrosse - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse - 0
- Underestimating NH: Gun control picks two wrong targets - 0
- Roaming jihadis: A terrorist visits Manchester - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Series key starts, ends with 'Z' - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: These Red Sox don't quit - 0
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball jackpot sold in Florida - 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19