Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Youkilis in Yankee pinstripes? Apparently, yes
The New York Yankees reportedly have signed free agent Kevin Youkilis to fill their void at third base.
Contract details have yet to be reported, but ESPN said the signing is pending a physical. Last week, MLB.com reported he was offered a one-year, $12-million deal.
Youkilis, 33, finished last season with the Chicago White Sox after spending his entire career with the Red Sox. He batted a combined .235 with 19 homers and 60 RBIs.
Youkilis would fill the void left by Alex Rodriguez, who is expected to miss most of the first half of 2013 after having a second hip surgery.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Missing the point: The IRS scandal and state power - 1
- Helping panhandlers: A method worth trying in Manchester - 7
- For the people: A century of the NH primary - 0
- What innovation? The casino way is the lazy way - 10
- Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name - 4
- Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse - 15
- Underestimating NH: Gun control picks two wrong targets - 34
- Roaming jihadis: A terrorist visits Manchester - 5
- Athletes and PE: Give them credit for sports - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 1
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
- Manchester mayor to oversee economic development office - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 21 - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford rolls in NHIAA tennis tournament opener - 0
- Franklin Pierce to play Shippensburg in Div. II baseball World Series - 0
- Amendola getting up to speed with Patriots - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Londonderry’s double threat - 0
- No curbside collections in Manchester on Monday - 0
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Manchester police seek Food Mart robber
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands