Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Youkilis in Yankee pinstripes? Apparently, yes
The New York Yankees reportedly have signed free agent Kevin Youkilis to fill their void at third base.
Contract details have yet to be reported, but ESPN said the signing is pending a physical. Last week, MLB.com reported he was offered a one-year, $12-million deal.
Youkilis, 33, finished last season with the Chicago White Sox after spending his entire career with the Red Sox. He batted a combined .235 with 19 homers and 60 RBIs.
Youkilis would fill the void left by Alex Rodriguez, who is expected to miss most of the first half of 2013 after having a second hip surgery.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA track meets rescheduled to Sunday - 0
- High School Lacrosse: Trinity a pushover no longer - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Santos hits milestone in BG girls’ lacrosse win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- Milford's Morgan Andrews named Gatorade NationalGirls Soccer Player of the Year - 0
- Goffstown team to beat in NHIAA Div. II baseball tourney - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford rolls in NHIAA tennis tournament opener - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Londonderry’s double threat - 0
- Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Golf cart to make visits to veterans cemetery easier - 0
- Bruins eliminate Rangers to force conference final showdown with Pittsburgh - 0
- Franklin Pierce opens D-II World Series with win - 0
- Red Sox rally in eighth inning to clip Cleveland - 0
- NH's Locke wins again for Pirates; now 5-1 on year - 0
- No one injured in Manchester police cruiser crash - 0
- Animal Rescue League names Volunteer of Year - 0
- NH Business People: State Motors receives top dealer honor - 0
- Exeter company launches refrigerated dog food line - 0
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions
Memorial Day services, events around NH