Veterans home gets $5,000 grant
Barry Conway, the home's commandant, said Home Depot offered to help the home, and the home's small, stocked fishing pond needed some work on its dock, so the business has donated money and materials to have it fixed.
Home Depot offers grants up to $5,000, for registered nonprofit organizations, public schools or tax-exempt public service agencies in the U.S. that are using volunteers to improve the physical health of their community.
Grants are given in the form of Home Depot gift cards for the purchase of tools, materials, or services.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.