Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Mass. man indicted on charge he tried to meet teen for sex
BRENTWOOD - A Massachusetts man has been indicted for allegedly meeting up with a 15-year-old boy for a sexual rendezvous, only to learn he had been chatting with an undercover Plaistow police officer.
Hunter Bartlett, 56, of 236 Low St., No. 22, Newburyport, faces a single count of attempted felonious sexual assault stemming from his arrest in Plaistow on Aug. 27.
Prosecutors say Bartlett solicited the online persona over a period of two days before taking a cab ride to Plaistow to meet the teen. Instead, he was greeted by police officers and taken into custody. He is being held at the Rockingham County jail in Brentwood.
Bartlett allegedly began using the website "manhunt.net" on Aug. 25 to solicit the teen for sexual acts, according to court records. The police officer used the alias "Alex" during his online exchanges.
The two also communicated "by texting, and by telephone conversation, and arranged a meeting at a residence in Plaistow," where they planned to have a sexual encounter, an indictment says.
Police said Bartlett agreed to meet the teen at the Park and Ride commuter lot on Westville Road. He was led to believe that the boy lived near the parking lot, police said.
Investigators watched Bartlett arrive at the lot in a taxi, get out of the cab and walk across the street into an apartment building, police said.
Det.ectivePatrick Schiavone and Sgt. Glen Miller arrested Bartlett as he was wandering around, police said.
He is scheduled to be arraigned Dec. 17 in superior court.
- - - - - - - -
James A. Kimble may be reached at JKimble@newstote.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 1
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 9
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief