Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Convicted felon accused of possessing stun gun
MANCHESTER - A convicted felon was discovered with a stun gun after an officer pulled his car over after seeing it run a stop sign, police said.
Elmer Valladares Rivera, 29, of 159 Concord St., Apt. 1, Manchester, is charged with being a habitual offender and being a felon in possession of an electronic defense weapon.
He was arrested about 2:30 a.m. Wednesday after an officer saw a car go through a stop sign at the intersection of Lowell and Maple streets, according to a police news release.
Valladares Rivera was identified by his New Hampshire non-driver identification card. Police said Valladares Rivera's license is under suspension for being a certified habitual offender. Police said Valladares Rivera had the stun gun in a case on his right hip.
Officers checked Valladares Rivera's criminal history and found a felony conviction in 2011 in Hillsborough County Superior Court for possession of a controlled drug with intent to sell.
He could enter no plea to the felony charges at his arraignment Wednesday morning in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division, so a probable cause hearing was set for Dec. 19. The violation will be addressed then.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Brothers accused of stealing candy from launderette - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
- No. 1 UConn women rout No. 2 Duke - 0
- Littleton boys earn victory over White Mountains - 0
- Bedford wrestlers top Goffstown - 0
- Patriots’ Wilfork maintains he’ll be back - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Bison are fast and furious - 0
- Central builds early lead, beats Pinkerton - 0
- Robust U.S. housing data point to strengthening economy - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424