May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Convicted felon accused of possessing stun gun
MANCHESTER - A convicted felon was discovered with a stun gun after an officer pulled his car over after seeing it run a stop sign, police said.
Elmer Valladares Rivera, 29, of 159 Concord St., Apt. 1, Manchester, is charged with being a habitual offender and being a felon in possession of an electronic defense weapon.
He was arrested about 2:30 a.m. Wednesday after an officer saw a car go through a stop sign at the intersection of Lowell and Maple streets, according to a police news release.
Valladares Rivera was identified by his New Hampshire non-driver identification card. Police said Valladares Rivera's license is under suspension for being a certified habitual offender. Police said Valladares Rivera had the stun gun in a case on his right hip.
Officers checked Valladares Rivera's criminal history and found a felony conviction in 2011 in Hillsborough County Superior Court for possession of a controlled drug with intent to sell.
He could enter no plea to the felony charges at his arraignment Wednesday morning in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division, so a probable cause hearing was set for Dec. 19. The violation will be addressed then.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
- Not-guilty plea expected in death at Danville chief's home - 24
- Police say woman was assaulted for hours - 5
- Inmate will let judge decide fraud ID case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- Three Fisher Cat hurlers combine to pitch shutout - 0
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
- UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice' - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424