Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Ex-boyfriend arrested in Manchester purse-snatching
MANCHESTER - A city man was arrested early Wednesday morning after police say he tried to steal a purse from his former girlfriend and then assaulted her co-worker and her father.
Just after midnight, Robert Asipi, 30, of 525 Calef Road, Apt. 2, was waiting outside the Hanover Street home of his ex-girlfriend, Melinda Diaz, when her co-worker, Jason Comptois, dropped her off after work.
Police said Asipi approached Comptois' vehicle and started to argue with Diaz. Then Asipi grabbed her purse and the two struggled over it, and Diaz became tangled in the strap, according to police.
Asipi managed to take the purse from her, but only had it briefly before Diaz grabbed it back and ran into her parents' house at 582 Hanover St., according to a police news release.
Asipi ran into the house behind her and Comptois, who called 911, followed and tried to remove Asipi from the residence. Lawrence Diaz, Diaz' father, confronted Asipi and told him to get out. Asipi turned on Diaz and assaulted him, police said.
Eventually, Comptois and Mr. Diaz physically removed Asipi from the house and were holding him down when officers arrived.
Asipi is charged with robbery, two counts of simple assault and trespassing.
Asipi could enter no plea to the felony robbery charge at his arraignment Wednesday morning in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division, so a probable cause hearing was set for Jan. 2.
He pleaded innocent to the misdemeanor charges of simple assault and criminal trespass, and trial was set for Feb. 25. Bail was continued at $2,000 cash/surety.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 1
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 1
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Manchester man tells judge pills aren’t his - 0
- Hannaford parking lot encounter involved a shotgun - 49
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 1
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 5
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 3
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424