May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Ex-boyfriend arrested in Manchester purse-snatching
MANCHESTER - A city man was arrested early Wednesday morning after police say he tried to steal a purse from his former girlfriend and then assaulted her co-worker and her father.
Just after midnight, Robert Asipi, 30, of 525 Calef Road, Apt. 2, was waiting outside the Hanover Street home of his ex-girlfriend, Melinda Diaz, when her co-worker, Jason Comptois, dropped her off after work.
Police said Asipi approached Comptois' vehicle and started to argue with Diaz. Then Asipi grabbed her purse and the two struggled over it, and Diaz became tangled in the strap, according to police.
Asipi managed to take the purse from her, but only had it briefly before Diaz grabbed it back and ran into her parents' house at 582 Hanover St., according to a police news release.
Asipi ran into the house behind her and Comptois, who called 911, followed and tried to remove Asipi from the residence. Lawrence Diaz, Diaz' father, confronted Asipi and told him to get out. Asipi turned on Diaz and assaulted him, police said.
Eventually, Comptois and Mr. Diaz physically removed Asipi from the house and were holding him down when officers arrived.
Asipi is charged with robbery, two counts of simple assault and trespassing.
Asipi could enter no plea to the felony robbery charge at his arraignment Wednesday morning in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division, so a probable cause hearing was set for Jan. 2.
He pleaded innocent to the misdemeanor charges of simple assault and criminal trespass, and trial was set for Feb. 25. Bail was continued at $2,000 cash/surety.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 5
- Portsmouth driver distracted by Facebook hits utility pole - 9
- Robber escapes with drugs from Keene CVS - 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 3
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 0
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 0
- Nashua set to begin budget review - 0
- Manchester 'homeless meter' program seeks to deter panhandling - 0
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424