Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Ex-boyfriend arrested in Manchester purse-snatching
MANCHESTER - A city man was arrested early Wednesday morning after police say he tried to steal a purse from his former girlfriend and then assaulted her co-worker and her father.
Just after midnight, Robert Asipi, 30, of 525 Calef Road, Apt. 2, was waiting outside the Hanover Street home of his ex-girlfriend, Melinda Diaz, when her co-worker, Jason Comptois, dropped her off after work.
Police said Asipi approached Comptois' vehicle and started to argue with Diaz. Then Asipi grabbed her purse and the two struggled over it, and Diaz became tangled in the strap, according to police.
Asipi managed to take the purse from her, but only had it briefly before Diaz grabbed it back and ran into her parents' house at 582 Hanover St., according to a police news release.
Asipi ran into the house behind her and Comptois, who called 911, followed and tried to remove Asipi from the residence. Lawrence Diaz, Diaz' father, confronted Asipi and told him to get out. Asipi turned on Diaz and assaulted him, police said.
Eventually, Comptois and Mr. Diaz physically removed Asipi from the house and were holding him down when officers arrived.
Asipi is charged with robbery, two counts of simple assault and trespassing.
Asipi could enter no plea to the felony robbery charge at his arraignment Wednesday morning in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division, so a probable cause hearing was set for Jan. 2.
He pleaded innocent to the misdemeanor charges of simple assault and criminal trespass, and trial was set for Feb. 25. Bail was continued at $2,000 cash/surety.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal