Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Ex-boyfriend arrested in Manchester purse-snatching
MANCHESTER - A city man was arrested early Wednesday morning after police say he tried to steal a purse from his former girlfriend and then assaulted her co-worker and her father.
Just after midnight, Robert Asipi, 30, of 525 Calef Road, Apt. 2, was waiting outside the Hanover Street home of his ex-girlfriend, Melinda Diaz, when her co-worker, Jason Comptois, dropped her off after work.
Police said Asipi approached Comptois' vehicle and started to argue with Diaz. Then Asipi grabbed her purse and the two struggled over it, and Diaz became tangled in the strap, according to police.
Asipi managed to take the purse from her, but only had it briefly before Diaz grabbed it back and ran into her parents' house at 582 Hanover St., according to a police news release.
Asipi ran into the house behind her and Comptois, who called 911, followed and tried to remove Asipi from the residence. Lawrence Diaz, Diaz' father, confronted Asipi and told him to get out. Asipi turned on Diaz and assaulted him, police said.
Eventually, Comptois and Mr. Diaz physically removed Asipi from the house and were holding him down when officers arrived.
Asipi is charged with robbery, two counts of simple assault and trespassing.
Asipi could enter no plea to the felony robbery charge at his arraignment Wednesday morning in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division, so a probable cause hearing was set for Jan. 2.
He pleaded innocent to the misdemeanor charges of simple assault and criminal trespass, and trial was set for Feb. 25. Bail was continued at $2,000 cash/surety.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Man, woman charged in 3 Kensington burglaries - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- Anderson lewdness trial is delayed - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
- PSNH on defense over scrubber cost 'escalation' - 3
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424