Home » News » Public Safety
Teens injured in Amherst crash
AMHERST - Two teens suffered serious injuries in a crash Saturday night on Mack Hill Road near Indian Pond Lane.
Police said Dakota Richard, 19, of Milford, lost control of a 2005 Mini Cooper at a cruve in the road. The car veered off the road, went down an embankment and struck a tree. Richard and passenger Amanda Delude, 19, of Amherst, were both trapped in the car and had to be extricated by rescuers.
They were take to St Joseph Hospital in Nashua for treatment of serious injuries, according to a police news release.
Richard is facing drug-related offenses as well as a charge of transportation of alcohol by a minor.
The crash remains under investigation by police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
- Epsom trucker, 65, killed in I-93 crash in Salem - 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Monarchs Scouting Report: Nick Shore - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 5
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 7
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 1
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 22
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.