NHIAA Boys' Hockey: Trinity skaters blank Brady
MANCHESTER - Any questions about Trinity's offense were put to rest on opening day as the Manchester school trounced Bishop Brady of Concord 8-1 in Division I action at Sullivan Arena.
The Pioneers put the game away with a five-goal second period that led to running time in the third. Six different Pioneers scored goals, led by Kyle Valliere and Mitch Myers with three points each.
Myers and Patrick Swanson got things rolling in the first period, which ended with Trinity up 2-0. Then the offense really started to click in the second.
Twice in the period the Pioneers got quick back-to-back goals. The first pair was 19 seconds apart when Valliere scored with 5:34 left and Drew Merrick with 5:15. The second pair were just 11 seconds apart. Myers lit the lamp with 2:20 remaining and Mitch Dructor scored with 2:09 left.
Justin Sirois had the other goal in the period.
Zach Frament scored the lone goal for the Giants (0-1), with one of the assists going to Shelby Herrington, the girl who is fighting for her right to play on the boys' team. Dructor had the only goal of the frame for the Pioneers (1-0).
READER COMMENTS: 14
- Charles Arlinghaus: Don't believe hype on Medicaid expansion - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Common sense vs. the military's pursuit of political correctness - 0
- Diana Lacey: $50 million in personnel cuts would hurt NH - 26
- Jonah Goldberg: Freedom: the unfolding revolution - 4
- Deroy Murdock: Corruption aside, the IRS has too much Obamacare authority - 8
- Thomas Sowell: There's lots of bad economic thinking in the immigration debate - 0
- Roger Simon: The slacker who came in from the cold - 3
- Charles Krauthammer: Pushing the envelope, NSA-style - 4
- George Will: Slipping the Constitution's leash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 24
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time