NHIAA Boys' Hockey: Trinity skaters blank Brady
MANCHESTER - Any questions about Trinity's offense were put to rest on opening day as the Manchester school trounced Bishop Brady of Concord 8-1 in Division I action at Sullivan Arena.
The Pioneers put the game away with a five-goal second period that led to running time in the third. Six different Pioneers scored goals, led by Kyle Valliere and Mitch Myers with three points each.
Myers and Patrick Swanson got things rolling in the first period, which ended with Trinity up 2-0. Then the offense really started to click in the second.
Twice in the period the Pioneers got quick back-to-back goals. The first pair was 19 seconds apart when Valliere scored with 5:34 left and Drew Merrick with 5:15. The second pair were just 11 seconds apart. Myers lit the lamp with 2:20 remaining and Mitch Dructor scored with 2:09 left.
Justin Sirois had the other goal in the period.
Zach Frament scored the lone goal for the Giants (0-1), with one of the assists going to Shelby Herrington, the girl who is fighting for her right to play on the boys' team. Dructor had the only goal of the frame for the Pioneers (1-0).
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Hanover's Cravero hurls another no-hitter - 0
- Memorial boys take city track meet for 10th straight year - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Pinkerton beats Trinity in key game - 0
- Kevin Gray's H.S. Lacrosse: It's not easy facing West - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Trinity's Currier stops Nashua North - 0
- Campbell nine edges Hopkinton - 0
- Goffstown boys, Hollis/Brookline girls post baseball, softball wins - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Derryfield wins Division III lacrosse showdown - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: North’s win streak just keeps growing - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Manchester alderman urges review of police phone use - 12
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 0
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 2
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack