NHIAA Boys' Hockey: Trinity skaters blank Brady
MANCHESTER - Any questions about Trinity's offense were put to rest on opening day as the Manchester school trounced Bishop Brady of Concord 8-1 in Division I action at Sullivan Arena.
The Pioneers put the game away with a five-goal second period that led to running time in the third. Six different Pioneers scored goals, led by Kyle Valliere and Mitch Myers with three points each.
Myers and Patrick Swanson got things rolling in the first period, which ended with Trinity up 2-0. Then the offense really started to click in the second.
Twice in the period the Pioneers got quick back-to-back goals. The first pair was 19 seconds apart when Valliere scored with 5:34 left and Drew Merrick with 5:15. The second pair were just 11 seconds apart. Myers lit the lamp with 2:20 remaining and Mitch Dructor scored with 2:09 left.
Justin Sirois had the other goal in the period.
Zach Frament scored the lone goal for the Giants (0-1), with one of the assists going to Shelby Herrington, the girl who is fighting for her right to play on the boys' team. Dructor had the only goal of the frame for the Pioneers (1-0).
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Saint Raphael Church in Manchester to hold Advent concert on Dec. 3 - 0
- Annual collection helps Diocese of Manchester religious communities address retirement shortfall - 0
- New spokesman named for Diocese of Manchester - 0
- First Church of Christ, Scientist, in Derry celebrates 100 years - 0
- Ararat Armenian Congregational Church in Salem celebrates 100 years, welcomes pastor - 0
- Interfaith Thanksgiving Service is Monday - 1
- Annual collection helps religious communities address retirement shortfall - 0
- Keene church to hold Colonial Thanksgiving service Sunday - 0
- New Baptist church opening in Concord - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan