NHIAA Boys' Hockey: Trinity skaters blank Brady
MANCHESTER - Any questions about Trinity's offense were put to rest on opening day as the Manchester school trounced Bishop Brady of Concord 8-1 in Division I action at Sullivan Arena.
The Pioneers put the game away with a five-goal second period that led to running time in the third. Six different Pioneers scored goals, led by Kyle Valliere and Mitch Myers with three points each.
Myers and Patrick Swanson got things rolling in the first period, which ended with Trinity up 2-0. Then the offense really started to click in the second.
Twice in the period the Pioneers got quick back-to-back goals. The first pair was 19 seconds apart when Valliere scored with 5:34 left and Drew Merrick with 5:15. The second pair were just 11 seconds apart. Myers lit the lamp with 2:20 remaining and Mitch Dructor scored with 2:09 left.
Justin Sirois had the other goal in the period.
Zach Frament scored the lone goal for the Giants (0-1), with one of the assists going to Shelby Herrington, the girl who is fighting for her right to play on the boys' team. Dructor had the only goal of the frame for the Pioneers (1-0).
READER COMMENTS: 40
- Jonah Goldberg: Triumph of the vulgarians - 1
- Maureen Mann: Labeling genetically-modified foods would help New Hampshire consumers - 16
- David Harsanyi: Ninety-six percent of Americans are wrong about Congress - 3
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Will we go to war over Japanese islands? - 0
- Sean Kenneally: A once pure NH view is no more - 13
- Jonah Goldberg: Obamacare was sold on a few core lies - 8
- Charles Krauthammer: Obama the oblivious - 6
- Roger Simon: What Nelson Mandela overcame - 1
- George Will: Raise the minimum wage? It's iffy - 10
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 4
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0