NHIAA Boys' Hockey: Trinity skaters blank Brady
MANCHESTER - Any questions about Trinity's offense were put to rest on opening day as the Manchester school trounced Bishop Brady of Concord 8-1 in Division I action at Sullivan Arena.
The Pioneers put the game away with a five-goal second period that led to running time in the third. Six different Pioneers scored goals, led by Kyle Valliere and Mitch Myers with three points each.
Myers and Patrick Swanson got things rolling in the first period, which ended with Trinity up 2-0. Then the offense really started to click in the second.
Twice in the period the Pioneers got quick back-to-back goals. The first pair was 19 seconds apart when Valliere scored with 5:34 left and Drew Merrick with 5:15. The second pair were just 11 seconds apart. Myers lit the lamp with 2:20 remaining and Mitch Dructor scored with 2:09 left.
Justin Sirois had the other goal in the period.
Zach Frament scored the lone goal for the Giants (0-1), with one of the assists going to Shelby Herrington, the girl who is fighting for her right to play on the boys' team. Dructor had the only goal of the frame for the Pioneers (1-0).
READER COMMENTS: 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: On any given Thursday - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Crimson glide - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: This year, No. 1 is a no-doubter - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Concord proves it's the state's best - 1
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 4
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released