June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Manchester man charged in connection with trap that killed dog
Andrew, a 4-year-old golden retriever, died Wednesday night after being caught in an illegally set trap in Auburn. (COURTESY)
Illegal hunting trap suffocates retriever
MANCHESTER - The New Hampshire Fish and Game Department has brought forward charges against a 67-year-old Manchester man in connection with a recent trapping incident which resulted in the death of a dog.
George Klardie of Manchester has been charged with numerous trapping-related violations and is scheduled for arraignment on those charges in February in 9th Circuit Court, Candia District Division.
The case made headlines when Melissa Fogelson of Londonderry was walking her 4-year-old golden retriever on a popular walking trail off Old Depot Road near Clark Pond in Auburn Dec. 5, and the dog was caught in an illegally set body-gripping trap.
Conservation Officers were able to quickly identify and locate the trapper, who admitted to setting the trap. According to Conservation Officer Chris McKee, "Mr. Klardie has been very cooperative and remorseful throughout the investigation, and he expects to be held accountable for his actions."
McKee added, "This type of tragic incident is very rare and could have been readily avoided if the trap had been legally set."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 0
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 22
- Hooksett mother arrested for making repeated 911 calls, police say - 2
- Plea expected from woman who allegedly stole from elderly couple - 1
- Judge cancels the scheduled rape trial of a Raymond man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Storms knock out power to about 3,600 PSNH customers - 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 0
- American Medical Response back in good graces of key Manchester officials - 0
- Lebanon’s Colette Schmidt captures N.E. girls’ golf tourney crown - 0
- Sixteen make cut at State Am qualifying - 0
- Granite Stater Matt Bonner in position for another NBA title - 0
- Clippers, Celtics resume talks on Doc, Garnett deal - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 0
Epping man’s hope for working van realized
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
Salem seniors make a mind-body connection
Traffic stops in spotlight
One era ends, another begins at Union Leader
A Medicaid reduction? That is not likely
Study recommends Millyard parking garage
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424