Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Manchester man charged in connection with trap that killed dog
Andrew, a 4-year-old golden retriever, died Wednesday night after being caught in an illegally set trap in Auburn. (COURTESY)
MANCHESTER - The New Hampshire Fish and Game Department has brought forward charges against a 67-year-old Manchester man in connection with a recent trapping incident which resulted in the death of a dog.
George Klardie of Manchester has been charged with numerous trapping-related violations and is scheduled for arraignment on those charges in February in 9th Circuit Court, Candia District Division.
The case made headlines when Melissa Fogelson of Londonderry was walking her 4-year-old golden retriever on a popular walking trail off Old Depot Road near Clark Pond in Auburn Dec. 5, and the dog was caught in an illegally set body-gripping trap.
Conservation Officers were able to quickly identify and locate the trapper, who admitted to setting the trap. According to Conservation Officer Chris McKee, "Mr. Klardie has been very cooperative and remorseful throughout the investigation, and he expects to be held accountable for his actions."
McKee added, "This type of tragic incident is very rare and could have been readily avoided if the trap had been legally set."
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester carpenter, 51, arraigned in Nashua child sexual assault - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 3
- Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced - 0
- Man claims rights were violated during investigation - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- Salem man arrested for alleged bathroom videotaping - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 1
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 38
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Obama to announce ramped-up efforts to beat Ebola - 0
DWI license revocations
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917