Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Manchester man charged in connection with trap that killed dog
Andrew, a 4-year-old golden retriever, died Wednesday night after being caught in an illegally set trap in Auburn. (COURTESY)
MANCHESTER - The New Hampshire Fish and Game Department has brought forward charges against a 67-year-old Manchester man in connection with a recent trapping incident which resulted in the death of a dog.
George Klardie of Manchester has been charged with numerous trapping-related violations and is scheduled for arraignment on those charges in February in 9th Circuit Court, Candia District Division.
The case made headlines when Melissa Fogelson of Londonderry was walking her 4-year-old golden retriever on a popular walking trail off Old Depot Road near Clark Pond in Auburn Dec. 5, and the dog was caught in an illegally set body-gripping trap.
Conservation Officers were able to quickly identify and locate the trapper, who admitted to setting the trap. According to Conservation Officer Chris McKee, "Mr. Klardie has been very cooperative and remorseful throughout the investigation, and he expects to be held accountable for his actions."
McKee added, "This type of tragic incident is very rare and could have been readily avoided if the trap had been legally set."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive in Manchester shooting, stabbing cases caught by Marshals, police - 0
- Hampton Falls standoff suspect linked to burglaries, fake-cop ploy - 0
- Woman charged in fatal Hampton crash wants blood-test thrown out of court - 1
- Home confinement rejected for ex-Derry town employee - 1
- Manchester man arrested for aggravated drunk driving - 0
- Manchester Crime Watch: Fugitive in shooting, stabbing cases brought to court - 0
- Homeless man faces DWI charges in Dover - 0
- Amherst couple charged in sale of lost wedding ring - 0
- Donation jar thief said to be Bay State man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Boston Red Sox hammer Jays for seven runs in 11th, win 11-7 - 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 1
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 1
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917