Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Manchester man charged in connection with trap that killed dog
Andrew, a 4-year-old golden retriever, died Wednesday night after being caught in an illegally set trap in Auburn. (COURTESY)
MANCHESTER - The New Hampshire Fish and Game Department has brought forward charges against a 67-year-old Manchester man in connection with a recent trapping incident which resulted in the death of a dog.
George Klardie of Manchester has been charged with numerous trapping-related violations and is scheduled for arraignment on those charges in February in 9th Circuit Court, Candia District Division.
The case made headlines when Melissa Fogelson of Londonderry was walking her 4-year-old golden retriever on a popular walking trail off Old Depot Road near Clark Pond in Auburn Dec. 5, and the dog was caught in an illegally set body-gripping trap.
Conservation Officers were able to quickly identify and locate the trapper, who admitted to setting the trap. According to Conservation Officer Chris McKee, "Mr. Klardie has been very cooperative and remorseful throughout the investigation, and he expects to be held accountable for his actions."
McKee added, "This type of tragic incident is very rare and could have been readily avoided if the trap had been legally set."
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Man charged with robbing Rochester bank while wearing zebra-print dress is arraigned - 0
- Judge hikes bail in sex assault, child porn case - 0
- Judge declines to order mistrial in Derry sex assault case - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Police say homeless man stole car, struck pedestrian - 0
- Police investigating pizza store burglary in Plaistow - 0
- Salem police searching for Dunkin Donuts robber who wore Obama Halloween mask - 2
- Information sought in Keene hair salon burglary attempt - 0
- Two men arrested in Nashua armed robbery - 0
- Elderly Dover woman victim of paving scam, police say - 1
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Two more Keene State College students charged in riots - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Commodore Nutt takes D.C. by storm - 1
- School's out for voters - 2
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 18
- Senate battle attracts 17,000 TV ads in NH - 2
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 1
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 4
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 1
Trump fired up over NH mailer
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483