Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Manchester man charged in connection with trap that killed dog
Andrew, a 4-year-old golden retriever, died Wednesday night after being caught in an illegally set trap in Auburn. (COURTESY)
MANCHESTER - The New Hampshire Fish and Game Department has brought forward charges against a 67-year-old Manchester man in connection with a recent trapping incident which resulted in the death of a dog.
George Klardie of Manchester has been charged with numerous trapping-related violations and is scheduled for arraignment on those charges in February in 9th Circuit Court, Candia District Division.
The case made headlines when Melissa Fogelson of Londonderry was walking her 4-year-old golden retriever on a popular walking trail off Old Depot Road near Clark Pond in Auburn Dec. 5, and the dog was caught in an illegally set body-gripping trap.
Conservation Officers were able to quickly identify and locate the trapper, who admitted to setting the trap. According to Conservation Officer Chris McKee, "Mr. Klardie has been very cooperative and remorseful throughout the investigation, and he expects to be held accountable for his actions."
McKee added, "This type of tragic incident is very rare and could have been readily avoided if the trap had been legally set."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Strafford County inmate facing charges of thefts from vehicles - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man charged with assault says he was trying to break up a fight - 0
- Nashua man was not Mirandized following shooting by police, court documents say - 0
- Man arrested for speeds over 100 mph on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Nashua man accused of cutting wife’s throat committed to psychiatric hospital - 1
- Two may have stabbed each other in Concord parking garage incident, police say - 0
- Manchester joyride in a stolen truck lands two in handcuffs - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Crosstown Variety Store robbed in Manchester - 1
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Review of West High intruder case to be behind closed doors - 1
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 0
- Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance - 0
- Representing whom? Jeanne Shaheen, leftist icon - 1
- Chiefly, Pats are horrible in Monday night blowout in K.C. - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Double-overtime goal sends Goffstown past John Stark in boys' soccer - 0
- UNH gridders jump one spot in national polls - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Offseason needs aplenty - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey: Merrill's hat trick lifts Winnacunnet - 0
Dredging planned for Milford's Osgood Pond
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917