R.I. mother, son rescued on North Pack Monadnock
According to a news release issued by the state Fish and Game Department, Carrie Readey, 30, of Cranston, her young son and their two dogs became lost in the area of the Cliff Trail on the mountain. She called 911 about 5 p.m. saying she and her son were getting cold after losing the trail. She began her hike at Ted's trailhead on Mountain Road but lost the trail near the intersection of the Cliff trail.
Dispatchers were able to provide searchers with the GPS coordinates from Readey's cellphone, which enabled conservation officers Todd Szewczyk and Eric Hannett to find them just after 7:30 p.m.
They walked Readey down and carried her son two miles out to the Wapack Trailhead. Neither mom nor son was injured.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.