Home » News » Public Safety
R.I. mother, son rescued on North Pack Monadnock
GREENFIELD - A Rhode Island woman and her 2-year-old son were helped down North Pack Monadnock Mountain Wednesday when they became lost and were unable to find their way out.
According to a news release issued by the state Fish and Game Department, Carrie Readey, 30, of Cranston, her young son and their two dogs became lost in the area of the Cliff Trail on the mountain. She called 911 about 5 p.m. saying she and her son were getting cold after losing the trail. She began her hike at Ted's trailhead on Mountain Road but lost the trail near the intersection of the Cliff trail.
Dispatchers were able to provide searchers with the GPS coordinates from Readey's cellphone, which enabled conservation officers Todd Szewczyk and Eric Hannett to find them just after 7:30 p.m.
They walked Readey down and carried her son two miles out to the Wapack Trailhead. Neither mom nor son was injured.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth