Home » News » Public Safety
R.I. mother, son rescued on North Pack Monadnock
GREENFIELD - A Rhode Island woman and her 2-year-old son were helped down North Pack Monadnock Mountain Wednesday when they became lost and were unable to find their way out.
According to a news release issued by the state Fish and Game Department, Carrie Readey, 30, of Cranston, her young son and their two dogs became lost in the area of the Cliff Trail on the mountain. She called 911 about 5 p.m. saying she and her son were getting cold after losing the trail. She began her hike at Ted's trailhead on Mountain Road but lost the trail near the intersection of the Cliff trail.
Dispatchers were able to provide searchers with the GPS coordinates from Readey's cellphone, which enabled conservation officers Todd Szewczyk and Eric Hannett to find them just after 7:30 p.m.
They walked Readey down and carried her son two miles out to the Wapack Trailhead. Neither mom nor son was injured.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 3
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
- Fire destroys South Hampton barn - 0
- Police investigating why Maine woman died in Somersworth apartment - 0
- Body found floating in Portsmouth - 0
- Spofford crash seriously injures two - 0
- Fire destroys barn in South Hampton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 7
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 1
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 7
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 1
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072