Home » News » Public Safety
R.I. mother, son rescued on North Pack Monadnock
GREENFIELD - A Rhode Island woman and her 2-year-old son were helped down North Pack Monadnock Mountain Wednesday when they became lost and were unable to find their way out.
According to a news release issued by the state Fish and Game Department, Carrie Readey, 30, of Cranston, her young son and their two dogs became lost in the area of the Cliff Trail on the mountain. She called 911 about 5 p.m. saying she and her son were getting cold after losing the trail. She began her hike at Ted's trailhead on Mountain Road but lost the trail near the intersection of the Cliff trail.
Dispatchers were able to provide searchers with the GPS coordinates from Readey's cellphone, which enabled conservation officers Todd Szewczyk and Eric Hannett to find them just after 7:30 p.m.
They walked Readey down and carried her son two miles out to the Wapack Trailhead. Neither mom nor son was injured.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- City police schedule community meeting - 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
- Argentina tops Netherlands in shootout to reach final - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Anthony M. Kay
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax