Home » News » Public Safety
R.I. mother, son rescued on North Pack Monadnock
GREENFIELD - A Rhode Island woman and her 2-year-old son were helped down North Pack Monadnock Mountain Wednesday when they became lost and were unable to find their way out.
According to a news release issued by the state Fish and Game Department, Carrie Readey, 30, of Cranston, her young son and their two dogs became lost in the area of the Cliff Trail on the mountain. She called 911 about 5 p.m. saying she and her son were getting cold after losing the trail. She began her hike at Ted's trailhead on Mountain Road but lost the trail near the intersection of the Cliff trail.
Dispatchers were able to provide searchers with the GPS coordinates from Readey's cellphone, which enabled conservation officers Todd Szewczyk and Eric Hannett to find them just after 7:30 p.m.
They walked Readey down and carried her son two miles out to the Wapack Trailhead. Neither mom nor son was injured.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 0
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
- Woman, 56, struck by car in Laconia accident - 0
- Manchester police investigate two crashes involving two cruisers - 3
- Boy on scooter hits moving vehicle, taken to hospital - 0
- State police: Vermont man drove 111 mph on I-89 - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- School's out for voters - 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 1
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 0
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- UNH Notebook: Albany is much improved - 0
- MVP Bumgarner rides to the rescue for Giants' third World Series win in five years - 0
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw