In this weekend's Sunday News
Best of the best in NH sports
The Union Leader will present its All-State teams in boys' soccer, girls' soccer, field hockey, volleyball, boys' cross country, girls' cross country and football in the upcoming New Hampshire Sunday News.
Numbers of concern?
There were more fatal auto accidents in New Hampshire this year. We break down the statistics and sort through some of the reasons for the tragic numbers.
Jobless, with little hope on the side
Unemployment among 18- to 25-year-olds nationwide is officially at 10.5 percent, not including the people who are simply not looking for jobs anymore. The situation offers little hope for the Millennial Generation, according to generationopportunity.com. We'll take a look at the picture in New Hampshire.
Sy Mahfuz is a small businessman of the old school. The owner of Persian Rug Gallery in Nashua, who operates the business his father founded in 1953, believes business is just as much about civic involvement as it is about marketing and sales. Mahfuz reflects on his family's business and the community work that drives his passion.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand - 39
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 3
- Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice - 9
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Prizes & playoffs: Well done, UNH - 2
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 13
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
- Doing 'less with less' Is that Gov. Hassan's new motto? - 11
- Washington Jeanne: Will Shaheen face her state? - 44
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Big tipper stops for lunch
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Driver was trying to kill himself