In this weekend's Sunday News
Best of the best in NH sports
The Union Leader will present its All-State teams in boys' soccer, girls' soccer, field hockey, volleyball, boys' cross country, girls' cross country and football in the upcoming New Hampshire Sunday News.
Numbers of concern?
There were more fatal auto accidents in New Hampshire this year. We break down the statistics and sort through some of the reasons for the tragic numbers.
Jobless, with little hope on the side
Unemployment among 18- to 25-year-olds nationwide is officially at 10.5 percent, not including the people who are simply not looking for jobs anymore. The situation offers little hope for the Millennial Generation, according to generationopportunity.com. We'll take a look at the picture in New Hampshire.
Sy Mahfuz is a small businessman of the old school. The owner of Persian Rug Gallery in Nashua, who operates the business his father founded in 1953, believes business is just as much about civic involvement as it is about marketing and sales. Mahfuz reflects on his family's business and the community work that drives his passion.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- School group favors opening JROTC at Nashua high school - 0
- Athletics Dept. employee at UNH fired over 'invasion of privacy' - 0
- Loeb School spring classes include travel writing - 0
- Windham ready to open a 'Little Shop of Horrors' - 0
- Salem to decide fate of $75m school proposal - 0
- Allenstown parents mobilize to stave off $1 million school budget cut - 0
- Busy week for voters in Hollis, Brookline - 0
- Nashua to debate school spending - 0
- Test scores tell tale of one city, several towns - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 3
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief