In this weekend's Sunday News
Best of the best in NH sports
The Union Leader will present its All-State teams in boys' soccer, girls' soccer, field hockey, volleyball, boys' cross country, girls' cross country and football in the upcoming New Hampshire Sunday News.
Numbers of concern?
There were more fatal auto accidents in New Hampshire this year. We break down the statistics and sort through some of the reasons for the tragic numbers.
Jobless, with little hope on the side
Unemployment among 18- to 25-year-olds nationwide is officially at 10.5 percent, not including the people who are simply not looking for jobs anymore. The situation offers little hope for the Millennial Generation, according to generationopportunity.com. We'll take a look at the picture in New Hampshire.
Sy Mahfuz is a small businessman of the old school. The owner of Persian Rug Gallery in Nashua, who operates the business his father founded in 1953, believes business is just as much about civic involvement as it is about marketing and sales. Mahfuz reflects on his family's business and the community work that drives his passion.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal - 3
- Bedford’s road bond: A good deal for a big fix - 1
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 18
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 21
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 10
- Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again - 2
- Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council - 1
- Insurance exchange: NH Dems, GOP switch sides - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus