Home » News » Public Safety
Two hospitalized in car crash in Canaan
CANAAN - Two men were seriously injured Thursday night when a car veered off Route 118, slammed into a telephone pole and rolled over several times.
The crash happened shortly after 10:30 p.m. just south of the Dorchester town line.
Police said Russell Christian, 40, of Canaan was driving north on Route 118 when he lost control of the car, hit a utility pole and rolled the vehicle several times. His passenger, Steven Cotting, 32, of Orange, was thrown from the car during the crash.
Christian suffered severe injuries. He was treated at the scene by members of the Canaan Fast Squad and Canaan Fire Department before being airlifted by DHART to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon.
Cotting also was treated at the scene and then transported by Canaan Fast Squad to the Lebanon hospital.
According to a news release, both excessive speed and alcohol were contributing factors in the crash. Neither Christian nor Cotting was wearing a seatbelt.
Anyone with information regarding the crash is urged to call police at 603-523-7400.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
- Weare residents turn out to express police department concerns - 1
- Tamworth man struck, killed by UPS truck - 0
- Two boys rescued from Hood Pond - 1
- Woman killed in Nashua crash - 0
- Wednesday night Derry blaze under investigation - 0
- Gunfire from police range disturbs Plaistow neighbors - 1
- Cause of Ashland fire investigated - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- Police searching for person stealing from cars in Manchester - 0
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 0
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: State Legion rejects Post 79’s request for senior team - 1
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Offend someone? To jail with you!
Obama to illegals: Come out of shadows
NH asks feds for waiver on Medicaid
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
College Football: Wildcats are CAA champs
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH