Home » News » Public Safety
Two hospitalized in car crash in Canaan
CANAAN - Two men were seriously injured Thursday night when a car veered off Route 118, slammed into a telephone pole and rolled over several times.
The crash happened shortly after 10:30 p.m. just south of the Dorchester town line.
Police said Russell Christian, 40, of Canaan was driving north on Route 118 when he lost control of the car, hit a utility pole and rolled the vehicle several times. His passenger, Steven Cotting, 32, of Orange, was thrown from the car during the crash.
Christian suffered severe injuries. He was treated at the scene by members of the Canaan Fast Squad and Canaan Fire Department before being airlifted by DHART to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon.
Cotting also was treated at the scene and then transported by Canaan Fast Squad to the Lebanon hospital.
According to a news release, both excessive speed and alcohol were contributing factors in the crash. Neither Christian nor Cotting was wearing a seatbelt.
Anyone with information regarding the crash is urged to call police at 603-523-7400.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fish and Game says Gilford bear shooting was proper - 2
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 7
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place'
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty