Home » News » Public Safety
Two hospitalized in car crash in Canaan
CANAAN - Two men were seriously injured Thursday night when a car veered off Route 118, slammed into a telephone pole and rolled over several times.
The crash happened shortly after 10:30 p.m. just south of the Dorchester town line.
Police said Russell Christian, 40, of Canaan was driving north on Route 118 when he lost control of the car, hit a utility pole and rolled the vehicle several times. His passenger, Steven Cotting, 32, of Orange, was thrown from the car during the crash.
Christian suffered severe injuries. He was treated at the scene by members of the Canaan Fast Squad and Canaan Fire Department before being airlifted by DHART to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon.
Cotting also was treated at the scene and then transported by Canaan Fast Squad to the Lebanon hospital.
According to a news release, both excessive speed and alcohol were contributing factors in the crash. Neither Christian nor Cotting was wearing a seatbelt.
Anyone with information regarding the crash is urged to call police at 603-523-7400.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- For Nashua student walkers, commute may soon be safer - 0
- Several pets succumb to fire at Farmington home Thursday - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 1
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- A second chance: Manchester hasn't won Hooksett yet - 0
- Calling Deep Throat: Where is Obama's Mark Felt? - 0
- Monarchs know there's always room for improvement - 0
- Student artwork on display in Derry for PTA's Reflections - 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes - 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting
Win tickets to see Billy Idol
Hollis voters approve all warrant articles
Rochester firm is ready to add jobs
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill