Home » News » Public Safety
Two hospitalized in car crash in Canaan
CANAAN - Two men were seriously injured Thursday night when a car veered off Route 118, slammed into a telephone pole and rolled over several times.
The crash happened shortly after 10:30 p.m. just south of the Dorchester town line.
Police said Russell Christian, 40, of Canaan was driving north on Route 118 when he lost control of the car, hit a utility pole and rolled the vehicle several times. His passenger, Steven Cotting, 32, of Orange, was thrown from the car during the crash.
Christian suffered severe injuries. He was treated at the scene by members of the Canaan Fast Squad and Canaan Fire Department before being airlifted by DHART to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon.
Cotting also was treated at the scene and then transported by Canaan Fast Squad to the Lebanon hospital.
According to a news release, both excessive speed and alcohol were contributing factors in the crash. Neither Christian nor Cotting was wearing a seatbelt.
Anyone with information regarding the crash is urged to call police at 603-523-7400.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 40
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads