May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Nashua man charged with shooting ceiling, fleeing
NASHUA - A city man fired a gun more than a half-dozen times Thursday night inside and outside a French Hill home before he fled in his car but then crashed into a guardrail on the F.E. Everett Turnpike, police said.
Lt. Francis Sullivan said Jeffrey Rousseau, 24, of 101 Chandler St. fled the crash site as well, but was arrested just after midnight near his French Hill home.
He is charged with reckless conduct, domestic-related; three additional charges of reckless conduct; and aggravated driving while intoxicated. Additionally, state police charged him with conduct after an accident.
Sullivan said Rousseau did not fire the gun at anyone in particular, but did fire rounds into the ceiling of the ranch-style home.
No one was injured in the incident.
The incident began just before 11 p.m. Thursday when multiple gun shots were reported to police in the French Hill area of the city.
Sullivan would not disclose the number of shots fired but said there were "several" inside the residence and "more than several" were fired outside.Rousseau suffered minor injuries after his car collided with a guardrail at 11:23 p.m. near Exit 2 of the F.E. Everett Turnpike. Police said Rousseau fled the scene but was arrested without incident just after midnight near his Chandler Street home. An ambulance was called for him but emergency workers cleared him and he was not transported to a hospital.
Rousseau was being held on $25,000 cash bail pending arraignment today in 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 4
- Portsmouth driver distracted by Facebook hits utility pole - 9
- Robber escapes with drugs from Keene CVS - 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 3
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 0
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 0
- Nashua set to begin budget review - 0
- Manchester 'homeless meter' program seeks to deter panhandling - 0
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
North Country ATV trail opening on schedule
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424