Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Gunshots report is second in Manchester in three days
MANCHESTER - Police are investigating a second series of gunshots in the city in three days.
Police said they received a report of shots being fired at the intersection of Hall and Dix streets about 3:30 a.m. Friday and found four 40-caliber shell casings at the scene. Witnesses reported seeing a small car leaving the area shortly after the shots were heard, police said.
About 11 p.m. Wednesday, several shots were reported to have been fired near 171 Union St. Police said they found five casings, also 40-caliber, at the scene.
One man reported seeing two men running away from the Union Street incident. Both were described as Hispanic and 5 feet 8 inches tall. Witnesses reported a small white car with a loud exhaust and temporary registration plates leaving the scene after the Union Street shooting.
"At this point, it is unknown whether the two incidents are related and police have not located any evidence to suggest an intended target in either event," police said in a release.
Anyone with information is asked to call police at 668-8711 or anonymously through the Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 4
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 4
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424