Home » News » Public Safety
One injured in off-road vehicle rollover in Berlin
BERLIN - An unidentified man was injured when he rolled over his off-road vehicle on Saturday night in Jericho State Park, according to New Hampshire Fish and Game.
Fish and Game said in a press release they received a call at 7:48 p.m. from Troop F of the New Hampshire State Police reporting the OHRV rollover. State Police said a caller reported the rollover, "that there was a head injury and the victim did not know what trail or where he was in the park," according to the release.
New Hampshire Trails Bureau and New Hampshire Fish and Game Conservation Officers responded to the scene and found the rollover on the Scenic Trail about a half-mile north of a warming hut, and the victim, who was bleeding from a cut on his forehead. Fish and Game said "the victim missed the corner and rolled over into a ditch that was approximately a fifteen foot drop from the trail. The OHRV was not able to be driven from the scene."
Fish and Game did not release the name of the victim, and said there were no passengers on the OHRV. Fish and Game also said, "alcohol and speed appear to be major contributing factors in the cause of the crash."
Fish and Game said Berlin EMS also responded to the crash. The man was taken to Androscoggin Valley Hospital for further evaluation and treatment.
The investigation into the crash is ongoing.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth