Home » News » Public Safety
One injured in off-road vehicle rollover in Berlin
BERLIN - An unidentified man was injured when he rolled over his off-road vehicle on Saturday night in Jericho State Park, according to New Hampshire Fish and Game.
Fish and Game said in a press release they received a call at 7:48 p.m. from Troop F of the New Hampshire State Police reporting the OHRV rollover. State Police said a caller reported the rollover, "that there was a head injury and the victim did not know what trail or where he was in the park," according to the release.
New Hampshire Trails Bureau and New Hampshire Fish and Game Conservation Officers responded to the scene and found the rollover on the Scenic Trail about a half-mile north of a warming hut, and the victim, who was bleeding from a cut on his forehead. Fish and Game said "the victim missed the corner and rolled over into a ditch that was approximately a fifteen foot drop from the trail. The OHRV was not able to be driven from the scene."
Fish and Game did not release the name of the victim, and said there were no passengers on the OHRV. Fish and Game also said, "alcohol and speed appear to be major contributing factors in the cause of the crash."
Fish and Game said Berlin EMS also responded to the crash. The man was taken to Androscoggin Valley Hospital for further evaluation and treatment.
The investigation into the crash is ongoing.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem