Home » News » Public Safety
One injured in off-road vehicle rollover in Berlin
BERLIN - An unidentified man was injured when he rolled over his off-road vehicle on Saturday night in Jericho State Park, according to New Hampshire Fish and Game.
Fish and Game said in a press release they received a call at 7:48 p.m. from Troop F of the New Hampshire State Police reporting the OHRV rollover. State Police said a caller reported the rollover, "that there was a head injury and the victim did not know what trail or where he was in the park," according to the release.
New Hampshire Trails Bureau and New Hampshire Fish and Game Conservation Officers responded to the scene and found the rollover on the Scenic Trail about a half-mile north of a warming hut, and the victim, who was bleeding from a cut on his forehead. Fish and Game said "the victim missed the corner and rolled over into a ditch that was approximately a fifteen foot drop from the trail. The OHRV was not able to be driven from the scene."
Fish and Game did not release the name of the victim, and said there were no passengers on the OHRV. Fish and Game also said, "alcohol and speed appear to be major contributing factors in the cause of the crash."
Fish and Game said Berlin EMS also responded to the crash. The man was taken to Androscoggin Valley Hospital for further evaluation and treatment.
The investigation into the crash is ongoing.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 9
- Dozens of ill Keith Urban fans treated at concert near Boston - 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 2
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 5
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 3
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Taxation without representation again? - 1
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 1
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 1
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 3
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
Market Basket community waits and watches
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride