Home » News » Public Safety
One injured in off-road vehicle rollover in Berlin
BERLIN - An unidentified man was injured when he rolled over his off-road vehicle on Saturday night in Jericho State Park, according to New Hampshire Fish and Game.
Fish and Game said in a press release they received a call at 7:48 p.m. from Troop F of the New Hampshire State Police reporting the OHRV rollover. State Police said a caller reported the rollover, "that there was a head injury and the victim did not know what trail or where he was in the park," according to the release.
New Hampshire Trails Bureau and New Hampshire Fish and Game Conservation Officers responded to the scene and found the rollover on the Scenic Trail about a half-mile north of a warming hut, and the victim, who was bleeding from a cut on his forehead. Fish and Game said "the victim missed the corner and rolled over into a ditch that was approximately a fifteen foot drop from the trail. The OHRV was not able to be driven from the scene."
Fish and Game did not release the name of the victim, and said there were no passengers on the OHRV. Fish and Game also said, "alcohol and speed appear to be major contributing factors in the cause of the crash."
Fish and Game said Berlin EMS also responded to the crash. The man was taken to Androscoggin Valley Hospital for further evaluation and treatment.
The investigation into the crash is ongoing.
READER COMMENTS: 80
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 1
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 2
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time