Home » News » Public Safety
One injured in off-road vehicle rollover in Berlin
BERLIN - An unidentified man was injured when he rolled over his off-road vehicle on Saturday night in Jericho State Park, according to New Hampshire Fish and Game.
Fish and Game said in a press release they received a call at 7:48 p.m. from Troop F of the New Hampshire State Police reporting the OHRV rollover. State Police said a caller reported the rollover, "that there was a head injury and the victim did not know what trail or where he was in the park," according to the release.
New Hampshire Trails Bureau and New Hampshire Fish and Game Conservation Officers responded to the scene and found the rollover on the Scenic Trail about a half-mile north of a warming hut, and the victim, who was bleeding from a cut on his forehead. Fish and Game said "the victim missed the corner and rolled over into a ditch that was approximately a fifteen foot drop from the trail. The OHRV was not able to be driven from the scene."
Fish and Game did not release the name of the victim, and said there were no passengers on the OHRV. Fish and Game also said, "alcohol and speed appear to be major contributing factors in the cause of the crash."
Fish and Game said Berlin EMS also responded to the crash. The man was taken to Androscoggin Valley Hospital for further evaluation and treatment.
The investigation into the crash is ongoing.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Hampton woman, 75, hit by truck in Newington in serious condition - 0
- Police: Handling issues of mentally ill just part of the job - 0
- Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use - 5
- Officials: Missing teen sent letter weeks after last sighting - 0
- UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m. - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 13
- Reams threatens to sue county commissioners - 11
- Mont Vernon picks Milford officer as next police chief - 1
READER COMMENTS: 23
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- Patriots stun Cleveland in another wild comeback - 0
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 1
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
- Celtics come up big against Nuggets - 0
- Johnson honored for sixth NASCAR title - 0
- Kilpatrick leads UNH women past Dartmouth - 0
- UNH, Dartmouth football players named All-New England - 0
- Manchester Monarchs beat Portland Pirates in shootout - 0
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072