May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Loud bang sends Windham High into hourlong lockdown
WINDHAM - Police and fire officials continue to investigate what caused the "loud bang" that put the high school on lockdown for an hour Monday morning.
According to police reports, a call came in around 10:30 a.m. with several school employees reporting they'd heard a loud bang inside Windham High School.
The school, located at 64 London Bridge Road, was put on lockdown right away, and police and fire were staged inside the school.
Windham Police Chief Gerald Lewis said area police responded quickly to the reports, placing the entire school on "shelter in place" status and conducting a sweep of the entire facility.
"We found nothing out of the ordinary," Lewis said.
But just to be safe, members of the Windham Fire Department conducted a secondary check of the school.
After finding nothing amiss, the school was returned to normal operations.
Lewis said the source of the noise remains unknown.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 7
- Portsmouth driver distracted by Facebook hits utility pole - 10
- Robber escapes with drugs from Keene CVS - 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 1
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 4
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Manchester alderman urges review of police phone use - 11
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 0
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 2
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424