May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Loud bang sends Windham High into hourlong lockdown
WINDHAM - Police and fire officials continue to investigate what caused the "loud bang" that put the high school on lockdown for an hour Monday morning.
According to police reports, a call came in around 10:30 a.m. with several school employees reporting they'd heard a loud bang inside Windham High School.
The school, located at 64 London Bridge Road, was put on lockdown right away, and police and fire were staged inside the school.
Windham Police Chief Gerald Lewis said area police responded quickly to the reports, placing the entire school on "shelter in place" status and conducting a sweep of the entire facility.
"We found nothing out of the ordinary," Lewis said.
But just to be safe, members of the Windham Fire Department conducted a secondary check of the school.
After finding nothing amiss, the school was returned to normal operations.
Lewis said the source of the noise remains unknown.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- No arrests in Manchester homicide; single shot to chest killed man - 3
- Jury finds Chester man guilty of sex assault - 1
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Hampton man indicted for Poker Room assault, robbery - 0
- UPDATED: Chester police seek two men in armed home invasion - 1
- Intruder, a burglar, and attempted break-in keep Manchester police busy - 0
- Mass. man charged in Nashua hit-and-run - 1
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 53
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 0
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 5
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
- Manchester mayor to oversee economic development office - 1
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 21 - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford rolls in NHIAA tennis tournament opener - 0
- Franklin Pierce to play Shippensburg in Div. II baseball World Series - 0
- Amendola getting up to speed with Patriots - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Manchester police seek Food Mart robber
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424