May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Loud bang sends Windham High into hourlong lockdown
WINDHAM - Police and fire officials continue to investigate what caused the "loud bang" that put the high school on lockdown for an hour Monday morning.
According to police reports, a call came in around 10:30 a.m. with several school employees reporting they'd heard a loud bang inside Windham High School.
The school, located at 64 London Bridge Road, was put on lockdown right away, and police and fire were staged inside the school.
Windham Police Chief Gerald Lewis said area police responded quickly to the reports, placing the entire school on "shelter in place" status and conducting a sweep of the entire facility.
"We found nothing out of the ordinary," Lewis said.
But just to be safe, members of the Windham Fire Department conducted a secondary check of the school.
After finding nothing amiss, the school was returned to normal operations.
Lewis said the source of the noise remains unknown.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
- Not-guilty plea expected in death at Danville chief's home - 24
- Police say woman was assaulted for hours - 5
- Inmate will let judge decide fraud ID case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH College Notebook: Honors keep coming for several Granite State athletes - 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Vending machines go natural - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424