Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Loud bang sends Windham High into hourlong lockdown
WINDHAM - Police and fire officials continue to investigate what caused the "loud bang" that put the high school on lockdown for an hour Monday morning.
According to police reports, a call came in around 10:30 a.m. with several school employees reporting they'd heard a loud bang inside Windham High School.
The school, located at 64 London Bridge Road, was put on lockdown right away, and police and fire were staged inside the school.
Windham Police Chief Gerald Lewis said area police responded quickly to the reports, placing the entire school on "shelter in place" status and conducting a sweep of the entire facility.
"We found nothing out of the ordinary," Lewis said.
But just to be safe, members of the Windham Fire Department conducted a secondary check of the school.
After finding nothing amiss, the school was returned to normal operations.
Lewis said the source of the noise remains unknown.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 5
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 9
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424