Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Church near Conn. shooting site evacuated after bomb threat
NEWTOWN, Conn. (Reuters) - A Roman Catholic church in the town where a gunman shot dead 20 school children was evacuated on Sunday after a bomb threat was reported by officials during services.
After searching St. Rose of Lima church, police determined it was safe to re-enter, though the building remained closed for the rest of the day, an officer at the scene said.
The church is about a mile from Sandy Hook Elementary School, where a gunman killed 20 children and six adults and then himself on Friday.
Police on Sunday also warned of threats and false representations on social media sites, and said they were investigating for possible criminal violations.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police: Christmas cards stolen from mailboxes - 0
- Police probe Sanborn high school bomb threat - 0
- Raymond man faces trial in second child sex assault case - 0
- Manchester man charged with robbing store 3 times - 0
- Laconia boys and girls club damaged in burglary - 0
- Fugitive Task Force searching for convicted sex offender - 0
- Enfield man killed in hit-and-run in Vermont - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- Winchester man files to plead guilty in crash that killed his brother - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
John DiStaso's Granite Status: National Democratic chair to speak at NHIOP in January; Cataldo backs Kenney for Executive Council
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424